- About Us
- Calendar of Events
- Community Center
- Friends of Friendsville
- Place of Worship
- Children Team Sports
- Community Volunteering
- City Government
- Our Residents
- Contact Us
Friends of Friendsville
Friends of Friendsville is something new for our citizen of the community to get involved in with donations and volunteer support. The future of the preservation of the history of Friendsville depends on the future financial support. We have developed a “Friends of Friendsville” program to help fund projects as a museum, and community center with the following donation levels on an annual basis:
Underground Railroad Friend
Half of each donation is placed in an endowment for the Museum in which the principal cannot be spent and the interest will go toward annual expenses. The other half of the $25.00 will be used to pay current operating expenses for the Museum.
Donations are tax deductible.
The mission of Friendsville, Tennessee, is to function as a repository for artifacts, preserve historical information of the community, and promote the arts, crafts, and music of our past.
Historic Friendsville will use interesting, educational approaches to display, present, and interpret Friendsville's unique past and its people for the enjoyment of present and future generations.
To accomplish the mission, Friendsville will host three annual festivals featuring music and crafts of yesteryear, celebrate our community, promote the communities history and bring business to the city. Friendsville Museum will designate space to serve as an arts and crafts cultural center for local artists.
Statement of Purpose
To accomplish this mission, the Friendsville Museum will:
- create a place where people of all ages and various backgrounds can view and appreciate the work of local artists. The exhibitions and programs will be designed to strengthen and sustain the talents of these regional artists.
- preserve and promote music through community festivals.
- honor the area's unique Underground Railroad and Quaker heritage.
- serve as a storytelling site to enhance the area's oral history.
The vision of the Friendsville Museum is to expand the collection of records, artifacts, and oral stories, become a site for genealogy research, and provide interactive educational experiences.
"We must welcome the future, remembering that soon it will be the past. We respect the past, remembering that once it was all that was humanly possible."
As we go through life, our heritage is one thing no one can take from us.
Please help us preserve Friendsville by bringing items about your family.
Be a Friend of the Museum and volunteer time to help us.
The Friendsville Museum belongs to everyone and we encourage you to be a part of it!
The Friendsville Museum will be a commitment to preserve the history of the Underground Railroad and Quaker community for future generations. Hopefully, this venue will be operated by volunteers who have a love and appreciation of the area and a desire to share it with others.
Statement of Purpose
To accomplish this mission, Friendsville Museum will:
- continue to research the area's uniqueness through interviews, photographs, artifacts, and documents.
- provide public viewing with storytelling and hands-on experiences utilizing the site's resources to interpret daily living in an early twentieth century Southern town with an emphasis on Friendsville, Tennessee's community.
- provide opportunities for local citizens to expand their knowledge of history and culture by serving as an Exhibition Center for traveling exhibits.
- promote the surrounding buildings as resources for hosting public and private events which complement the historic character of the site.
The vision of the Friendsville Museum is to develop an interactive education center, museum, stores, gardens and related experiences consistent with the early twentieth century life.
Friends of Friendsville is something new for our citizen of the community to get involved in with in donations and volunteer support. The future of the preservation of the history of Friendsville depends on the future financial support. We have developed a “Friends of Friendsville” program to help fund such projects as a museum, community center with the following donation levels on an annual basis: